Vote at the MRAs 2011 here!



Sunday, May 22, 2011
Big News: Katharine McPhee lands role in "Smash"!



After wrongly losing out to Taylor Hicks on the 5th season of American Idol, Katharine McPhee put out a pop/R&B debut album which I thought was completely flawless and timeless. I actually still listen to songs from that '07 CD till this day. It had so many amazing songs like Everywhere I Go, Neglected, Dangerous, Open Toes, Not Ur Girl, and it's two singles Over It and Love Story. But the album flopped due to RCA's terrible way of promoting her, but was quickly picked up again by Adult Contemporary label Verve Forecast, where she released two Hot AC albums Unbroken and her first Christmas album Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You to varying degress of success.

I still am a great fan of McPhee, so imagine my excitement when I found out she landed a role on NBC's new show Smash. She had previous acting gigs on The House Bunny and Community, but none had McPhee sing and act - Glee style. Well it appears Smash is doing just that. The plot is about McPhee going up against an experienced veteran played by Megan Hilty vying for a lead role in a Broadway musical.

I'm not expecting Smash to be as big as Glee, but I hope it helps McPhee return to the spotlight and.. Maybe it's too much to ask, return to pop/R&B and get back on the charts.

Labels: ,

Music Reviews 10 @ 11:26 AM | comment link here