Vote at the MRAs 2011 here!



Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Big News: The X Factor releases teaser



Simon Cowell and co. have decided it's time to start promotions for his American version of The X Factor, starting with using Cheryl Cole for publicity and to rile up UK audiences even though it's going to be American now, to releasing some teasers like you see in the one above.

While Cheryl's out and about with fellow Girls Aloud member Kimberley Walsh taking a break, it's work work work for Simon, Paula, Nicole and L.A. Reid. However, this teaser wasn't exactly what I was gunning for.

I hated the fact the judges on American Idol's most recent and tenth season were ridiculously nice even if the performances were utter crap. I hated that even I could drink a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a better commentary than they did most of the time. But what The X Factor US shows me in this teaser is that Simon's being a bitter old hag again. And I can't get over how he said "it's not about me, it's about them [the contestants] this time" and the main star of the clip is without a doubt centered around the harsh British judge. But as he says in the clip, "what else did you expect?"

This teaser doesn't make me want to watch the show for it seems too overly negative, except for Nicole shedding crocodile tears for being "moved". So X Factor has rubbed me the wrong way in more ways than one, the Idol judges were a puddle of mush, but rookie show The Voice seemed more genuine to me and nailed the being contructive part instead of being downright annoying and obnoxious.

Right then.

Labels: ,

Music Reviews 10 @ 3:39 PM | comment link here