Vote at the MRAs 2011 here!



Sunday, September 5, 2010
Big News: Kara DioGuardi has left the Idol panel



As much as I didn't want this to happen, it happened. Kara DioGuardi will no longer be on the Idol judging panel. News of her being fired months ago floated about the net, but now it's confirmed. She WON'T be returning to Idol's next season.

In a statement released by Fox, DioGuardi said, "I felt like I won the lottery when I joined American Idol two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave Idol. I am very proud to have been associated with American Idol– it has truly been an amazing experience. I am grateful to Fox, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, as well as the cast, crew and contestants, for all they have given to me. I look forward to my next challenge and want to thank everyone who has supported me. All the best to everyone on Season 10!"

Of course, the rest of the press release contains compliments from the Idol execs, but this is bad news. Really bad. I get it. She was awkward, a little annoying at times, but she knew 100% what she was saying. She was a strong judge but was always swallowed whole by Simon Cowell (who has left) and I thought that with Simon gone, she'd be the one to replace the judge who always knew what he was talking about. Now she's gone.

What's next, FOX!?

Source: HERE

Labels: ,

Music Reviews 10 @ 9:51 PM | comment link here