Vote at the MRAs 2011 here!



Saturday, September 10, 2011
Big News: Leona Lewis talks upcoming album 'Glassheart'



Just over a week ago, pretty much everyone thought Leona Lewis was going to bag the #1 by the end of the week with the anthemic club banger Collide to be debuted on Simon Cowell's new show Red or Black? which attracted millions of viewers, easily beating out Pixie Lott's new single All About Tonight and The Saturdays' new tune All Fired Up. However, when all three singles hit iTunes, The Saturdays pulled ahead quickly, making mincemeat of Pixie Lott and especially Leona Lewis. However, after hitting #1 on iTunes, The Saturdays took a dip, overtaken by Pixie Lott while Leona Lewis took her own sweet time to crack the upper reaches of the Top 10 on iTunes. However, over on the Irish Singles Chart, Leona beat Pixie and The Saturdays, landing at #3 while The Sats arrived at #6 and Pixie at #10.

Nevertheless, Leona Lewis had a chat with Digital Spy and we've learnt a few things about her upcoming third studio album Glassheart to be released at the end of the year and upcoming single promotions.

1. Leona will be heading overseas to promote Collide.
For Collide, Leona will be dropping by "Japan, Australia and maybe Germany; just travelling and taking it week by week", no sign of the States there then?

2. The much buzzed about title track off the album is another Tedder tune.
Ryan Tedder may have given her her best work so far in the form of Bleeding Love, but there's no excuse for the terrible Happy. So to see Leona's booking studio time with the OneRepublic frontman is very much an ugh thought. Nevertheless, the title track, "we wrote, I remember, when I was a little bit down. I went to Denver to hang out with Ryan - to see him and his family - and see if we could come up with something nice. I remember just not wanting to sing a ballad or anything that would make me more sad. I was like, 'Can you give me a song where I can just dance and jump around?', and he was like, 'What about this?' - he played this beat and it was really hypnotic. So I was like, 'Yes! We have to do this'." As for the track itself, you can take a listen to it below when Leona premiered it performing at G-A-Y.



3. A track called Trouble might be the next single.
"Yes, I think 'Trouble' will be the second single. I can't wait for everyone to hear it. I'm really excited about it. It's one that I really love."

4. Glassheart will have only ten tracks on it.
When an album has only ten tracks, it might seem like a rip-off as it'll probably be priced at the same cost as the album sitting next to it on the shelf with two, three, maybe four more tracks. But, Leona wants Glassheart to be a strong body of work. "I want the strongest [tracks] and that's it - no fillers or anything. I want the strongest songs and I think we have them." No fillers? Leona, I'm holding you to your word.

5. There will be at least one collaboration on the album.
"I've a song called 'Fireflies' which I really, really love and hope we get to do as a single. it's a really good one. And it's got a guy on it!"

So it's a collaboration with someone we know?
"Yes! But I'm not saying who! [laughs]"" Hmm.

6. Contrary to reports, she didn't actually work with British duo Hurts.
"Not yet! I love them so much. I'm obsessed with them. I love their album and their sound. And I want to meet them!" So no gothic diva then?

Read the full interview here.

Labels: ,

Music Reviews 10 @ 12:39 AM | comment link here