Vote at the MRAs 2011 here!



Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Big News: Avril Lavigne subtly disses RCA. Again.



RCA/Jive have been getting shittier and shittier lately, and they've put many of their talented artists on the backburner - including one that is Avril Lavigne who's clearly unhappy. The Canadian singer/songwriter sat down with Digital Spy to do an interview, and when questioned about the year-long delay of upcoming album Goodbye Lullaby, Lavigne quipped: "Because my record company were being a typical record company and trying to give me their version of how it should be - trying to get me to go in a different direction. I had to fight with them over and over. I was like, 'No, this is a really special record to me and this is what I'm doing'."

Apparently, RCA wanted Lavigne to hop onto the dance/pop train, but she wasn't willing to back down, stating that "Radio's very rhythmic and urban and dance today. I think they wanted me to do something more like that, but that's not what my vision was for this album. I was signed by L.A. Reid on Arista Records when I was 16. He understood me and believed in me. Arista folded and I got put on RCA or whatever, then there were new people there, and every six months it changes and more new people come in. It's funny when someone new comes in and they've got an opinion too."

"I GOT PUT ON RCA OR WHATEVER." Just thought I might put some emphasis on this soon-to-be-classic line.

And Lavigne's also hoping Push will be the album's second single. Ahhh I can't wait for the deeper, more raw stuff! Meanwhile, head on over to Digital Spy to read the whole interview.

Labels: ,

Music Reviews 10 @ 4:27 PM | comment link here