Vote at the MRAs 2011 here!



Thursday, October 28, 2010
Big News: Listen to Jessica Mauboy's next single!



After the horrendous flop that was Get 'Em Girls, Australian pop/R&B diva has dropped the urban sound that we heard on Get 'Em Girls and has gone a little more pop to regain some steam with her next single Saturday Night featuring Ludacris. Saturday Night is moderately catchy, but I do hope it does better Get 'Em Girls, otherwise, her sophomore album Get 'Em Girls might flop as well.

But first of all, Get 'Em Girls didn't do well not because it was a horrendous song, but because of the horrendous letdown of a video. Still, it managed to debut at peak at #19 on the ARIA Singles Chart, so all hope isn't lost yet.

But why do I have a bad feeling I see some very poor computer effects of Mauboy riding in a car on a Saturday Night with the wind blowing in her hair while she has fun singing along? That scene does remind me of the horrendous computer effects that Jason DeRulo's video for Ridin' Solo suffered when DeRulo was in the car that wasn't even moving, but poor effects just spun the wheels and the background and it looked so fake.

Still. This record looks like one I'll be bumping my head to when I'm on holiday.

Labels: ,

Music Reviews 10 @ 1:18 PM | comment link here